It is the mission of the Cañada College Classified Senate to work with the administration, faculty, and students in the interest of enriching the educational and social environment of the College, in accordance with the College's mission and strategic goals.
What is Classified Senate?
We are the primary governing body for classified professionals at Cañada College. Our members are from various areas, full time or part time employment, and actively participate in all college-wide discussion, excluding collective bargaining matters. We represent CSEA, AFSCME, and non-represented classified employees which includes supervisors and management.
We provide student scholarships through various fundraising throughout the year.
What is the purpose of Classified Senate?
Our purpose is to work with students, faculty, and administration in the interest of enriching the educational and social environment of the College through:
1. Participating in the Cañada College governance process;
2. Providing a body representing the needs, concerns, and viewpoints for classified staff;
3. Providing a centralized means of communication between classified staff and the College community, and with
statewide public bodies;
4. Promoting and supporting opportunities for classified professional development;
5. Providing a scholarship fund for Cañada students.
When are the meetings held?
They are held on the 3rd Mondays of each month, 1:30 - 3:00 pm in building 9, room 154. If there are changes to the meeting date, it will be notified electronically. Meeting agenda and minutes are electronically distributed campus-wide before the meeting date. Meetings are open to all district employees, unless noted for a closed session.
Who are the current Classified Senate Officers?
- Debbie Joy, President
- Maria Huning, Vice-President
- Loretta Davis Rascon, Secretary
- Hugo Enciso, Treasurer
- Jeanne Stalker, Co-Activity Coordinator
- Wendy Cazares de Reynaga, Co-Activity Coordinator
Standing L-R: Loretta Davis Rascon, Jeanne Stalker, Maria Huning
Sitting L-R: Wendy Cazares de Reynaga, Debbie Joy, Hugo Enciso
Who updates the website and photos?
- Peter Tam, Photography
- Jo'an Rosario Tanaka, Website Management