The College Connection Concurrent Enrollment Program is designed to provide current high students who have completed the 9th grade or higher by the end of summer the opportunity to get an “early start” on their college experience while still enrolled in high school.
An Admissions Application and College Connection Course Request Form (page 4 of the College Connection Course Enrollment Packet) should be submitted as early as possible to ensure best consideration for classes and no later than one week before classes begin.
Enrollment fees and non-resident tuition are waived for students enrolled in California high schools if they are registered in fewer than 11.5 units. Student body fees are optional for California high school students.
- Review College Class Schedules in print or online at websmart.smccd.edu/schedule.htm or meet with your high school counselor to select your college courses.
- Apply online at www.smccd.edu/collegeconnection/. (You will be notified of admission by email or postal mail after submitting the application.)
- Review the College Connection Concurrent Enrollment Program website for full program information (www.smccd.edu/collegeconnection/).
- Take assessment tests if you are planning to register for English or Math courses or courses with English and Math prerequisites.
- Complete and obtain the required signatures on the College Connection Course Request Form. The form is available above, at http://www.smccd.edu/collegeconnection/gettingstarted.shtml, and from your high school counselor’s office.
- Submit completed approval form to the Admissions & Records Office, via mail (4200 Farm Hill Blvd., Redwood City, CA 94061), fax (650-306-3113), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or in person (Bldg. 9, 1st floor). You are notified of eligibility to enroll by mail or email.
- Students with documented disabilities who would like academic accommodations for their college classes should contact the Disability Resource Center (650-306-3259).