Distance Education Documents
Cañada DE Program Documents
- Cañada College Distance Education Faculty Handbook, Updated Spring 2014
- Distance Education Strategic Plan 2013-2014
- Distance Education Program Review 2014
- Distance Education Comprehensive Program Review 2013
- Distance Education Substantive Change Commission Action Letter 2014
- Cañada College Distance Education Substantive Change Proposal 2014
- Distance Education Substantive Change Commission Action Letter 2013
- Cañada College Distance Education Substantive Change Proposal 2012
- SMCCCD Distance Education Status and Guidelines, Updated 2012
- SMCCCD Distance Education Strategic Plan 2012
California Community College Documents
- CCC Distance Education Accessibility Guidelines - Guidelines from the California Community Colleges' Chancellor's Office for ensuring that DE courses are accessible to all students.
- California Community Colleges Distance Education Guidelines - Published by the CCC Chancellor's Office, these guidelines for distance education courses as outlined in Title V. Section 55204 (formerly section 55211) were amended to clarify the issue of regular effective contact in online, hybrid, and web‐assisted courses, including subsection (a), the responsibility of the instructor for initiating and maintaining contact, and subsection (b), a discussion of acceptable modes for maintaining contact.
- Ensuring the Appropriate Use of Educational Technology: An Update for Local Academic Senates - Position Paper adopted by The Academic Senate for California Community Colleges in 2008.