Step 1: Orientation
- Be courteous and respectful to others at all times.
- Please re-rack weights when finished.
- No foul language, loud talking, cell phones, or any other conduct deemed improper by instructor.
- Neither food nor drinks allowed (except bottled water).
- Lockers are available for personal items in the locker rooms. Students must provide own locks. Please remove lock at the end of work out. Cañada College faculty and staff are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Personal CD/tape/radio players allowed with headphones.
- Be sure to ask a staff member for assistance if you have any questions regarding the safe operation of the exercise equipment.
The Benefits of Exercise
- Reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Increases bone mass.
- Decreases the level of "bad" LDL cholesterol and increases the level of "good" HDL cholesterol in the bloodstream.
- Lessens the risk of diabetes.
- Maintains our physical working capacity and the quality of life as we age.
- Increases longevity.
- Increases the metabolic rate and protects lean body mass.
- Decreases the adverse effects of everyday stress on the body.
- Helps relaxation and improves sleep.
- Strengths the core, improves posture and helps prevent back problems.
- Promotes higher self-esteem.