Step 1: Orientation
Operating the Weight and Cardio Machines
- Read and understand the instructional placards.
- Before using a piece of equipment, be sure that it is in proper working order.
- Adjust the equipment to your personal specifications. Most seats, carriages and foot plates are adjustable, and allow the equipment to be modified to accommodate a wide variety of body types.
- If you do not know how to use a piece of equipment ask for help from an instructor!
- Use a towel to cover the upholstery when working on the weight machines. The towel will protect you from colds and the upholstery from undue wear.
- Always check the weight before lifting. Insert weight pin securely into the channel of the appropriate weight plate.
- Please allow other students to work-in.
- When students are waiting for a particular cardio machine please limit your workout to 20 additional minutes.
- Wipe down equipment when finished.