Eligibility and Application
Apply to the Honors Transfer Program online. Click Here.
Students from all backgrounds and in all majors are encouraged to participate in the Honors Transfer Program. You are encouraged to submit your application at any time of year. Our counseling staff will process applications twice per year:
Deadline: February 27, 2015
Notification: March 13, 2015
Students from all backgrounds and in all majors are encouraged to participate in Honors classes.
Honors Transfer Program Eligibility
To qualify for admission to the Honors Transfer Program a student must have both of the following two criteria:
- Be eligible for English 100 and MATH 125, 130, 140, 200, 222, 241, or 251.
- Have a high school GPA of at least 3.5 or a cumulative college GPA of 3.3 in at least 9 units of transferable courses.
Completion of the Program
To complete the Program, students must complete a minimum of 15 units of honors course credit, and have a minimum 3.3 transfer GPA. A maximum of two courses can be from Honors' contracts.
Note: "transfer GPA" applies to transfer-level courses that you have taken at Cañada College and other institutions. Make sure that Cañada College has your transcripts from all of the other colleges you have attended.
Benefits of CCHTP Membership
- Participation in the courageous pursuit of knowledge
- Priority transfer opportunities at prestigious 4 – year institutions through the Honors Transfer Council of California http://www.honorstcc.org/transfer/agreements.html
- Special recognition at graduation and on transcripts
- Participation in the Cañada College Research Conference
- Possible selection for participation in the Bay Area Honors Symposium http://www.losmedanos.edu/honors/research
- Specialized academic advising from the Cañada Honors Counselor
- Enhanced scholarship opportunities http://www.canadacollege.edu/financialaid/scholarship.php
- Priority registration in Cañada/SMCCCD classes
Hear from the students
- This is what one student has to say about starting in ESL classes and working his way up to Honors classes. click here
- This is what one student has to say about starting in English 836 and working her way up to Honors English 100. click here
If you have further questions, please contact Jessica Kaven, Honors Transfer Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, (650) 306-3347, Building 3, room 211.