- Please do not talk on your cell phone while in the Library.
- Small snacks and covered beverages are allowed in the Library.
- No presenting strong pervasive odors, including those caused by perfume or cologne.
- Please keep your voice at a level that does not disturb other students.
- Please be respectful and mindful of others.
- Failure to comply within 3 warnings can result in expulsion from the Library.
- Overdue fines are 25 cents per day for books that check out to the public.
- Reserve Material fines are $1 per hour for 2-hour materials and $1 a day for 1-day, 3-day, and 1-week materials.
- The student’s check-out privileges will be suspended until the fine is resolved.
- Put a hold on the student’s Banner account. This prevents the student from registering for classes and getting their transcript until the unreturned item fine is resolved.
- If the student is participating in any Library programs (such as TLC) their participation will be suspending until the fine is resolved.
- The purpose of computer workstations and laptops in the Cañada Library and Learning Center is to support the academic and instructional programs of the San Mateo County Community College District.
- All Library/Learning Center users are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is conducive to the maintenance of a study atmosphere for others.
- For additional guidelines, please download the Computer Guidelines for the Library and Learning Center.
Resolving Student Fines for Unreturned Items
When a student does not return high cost and/or high demand Library items (such as textbooks, Chromebooks, laptops, graphing calculators, etc.) by the due date, the Library will make reasonable efforts to contact the student to resolve unreturned items. This includes email and phone calls and may include contacting non-library faculty, staff, or administration.
If the student does not respond or the Library and the student are not able to come to a resolution, the Library will take the following actions:
Library and Learning Center Computer Guidelines
Library Display and Exhibit Policy