Cañada Middle College High School Is...
- An exciting alternative to the traditional high school environment
- A head start on your college degree while earning your high school diploma
- Transition to college in a flexible, supportive and academically enriched environment
- A refreshing challenge
- FREE Tuition and FREE Textbooks
Cañada Middle College is a nontraditional high school collaboration between Cañada College and the Sequoia Union High School District . Through this unique alternative high school program, students have the opportunity to explore new challenges that are not available in a traditional high school. Students complete the requirements for high school graduation while enrolled in college courses. All courses are held at Cañada College. Students in Cañada's Middle College program quickly discover the joy and benefits of self-directed learning in a stimulating and diverse college atmosphere.
For current SOPHOMORES and JUNIORS wishing to enter in August, 2016:
We will have 60 spaces and will begin taking applications in January 2016.
Applications for Fall 2016 will be accepted January 11 – March 19.
Exclusive Middle College placement test dates at Cañada College
Saturday, 2/27 8:30am-1:30pm – testing start time is 9:00 a.m.
Saturday, 3/12 8:30am-1:30pm – testing start time is 9:00 a.m.
Please arrive early to register and bring your photo ID (hard copy - not electronic) and your G-number.
The Testing Center is located in Building 9 on the first floor.
The Potential Middle College Student:
- Will be a Junior or Senior in good standing with a GPA of 2.0 or above.
- Is on track for graduation: Minimum 90 credits for a junior, Minimum 145 credits for a senior
- Has the ability to thrive in an alternative environment
- Desires to complete high school and begin college courses
- Demonstrates the maturity to cope with the challenges and relative freedom of a college environment
- May show a discrepancy between standardized test scores and actual grades, indicating that she/he is not working up to potential
- Has demonstrated appropriate, responsible and respectful behavior on the high school campus
- Is a resident of Sequoia Union High School District
- Eligible for English 836 or above per Cañada's placement test
Complete College Services
All of the services and facilities of the College are available to Middle College students, including:
- The College library which is part of the Peninsula Library System
- College counseling and advising which includes Educational Counseling, Career Services and Transfer Services
- The Learning Center offers free tutoring and mentoring in math and reading, self-paced courses and computer and language labs.
- Student Government, Student Clubs and Activities
- Psychological and Health Services