The Priority Enrollment Program (PEP) is designed to create an easy transition from high school to college for high school seniors. This will allow students to complete the necessary steps toward becoming a college student, and to have the opportunity to register early for Summer and Fall classes during the early registration period.
Benefits of the Priority Enrollment Program (PEP)
- Priority Counseling services
- Early access to registration for your classes
- Information on degree requirements, transferring, Financial Aid and Student Support Services
- Be better prepared for college life
- Meet new friends and connect to the campus community
*Bring photo ID when arriving to take placement tests.
Assessment will determine the level of your Math and English skills and assist counselors to place you in appropriate courses. We highly recommend that you study for the test, and take the assessment test on one of the scheduled dates listed below. The preparatory test is available on our web page. Please note that there is no time limit on the test, and you may use a calculator for the math assessment test.
You will receive information about our services, academic program and transfer opportunities, financial aid availability, and learn about registration and other key factors to becoming a student at Cañada College.
After completing your placement test and before leaving the campus, you will be scheduled a counseling appointment. During this session, you will meet with a counselor who will assist you with your course selections for summer and/or fall classes based on your assessment test results and your goals.You may also make additional counseling appointments during the summer and/or Fall term to discuss your career and educational goals, and complete your Student Educational Plan, (SEP).
PEP starts with only 3 steps:
1. Apply to Cañada College by submitting an online application. When you submit your on-line application, you will receive a letter via email that includes your Student ID number. This number starts with the letter “G”. You must bring this number to the Assessment test to take your test.
2. Reserve your seat for one of the PEP dates at CAÑADA PEP 2015 -REGISTRATION
3. Prepare for your Assessment Tests in Math and your choice of English--Reading Comprehension and Writing/Grammar—rules of punctuation and grammar or English Second Language—Reading, Grammar, and Listening
Click on Assessment Preparation link below to study for your tests, which are multiple choice and taken at a computer and Math and English tests are not timed, and can take up to 2 ½ hours. Placement Test results and your high school transcripts or EAP or AP scores determine your college class placement. You can save yourself time and money by placing in 4-year college transferrable classes.
ASSESSMENT PREPARATION at http://canadacollege.edu/assessment/prepare.php
If you have any further questions please contact the Outreach Department at 650-306-3444.