The Vending Commission is now accepting applications. The Vending Commission is a College-based committee funded through vending machine sales. The Vending Commission provides funding for events, activities, and programs that are student focused. In order to qualify for funding through the Vending Commission, a program, item, or activity must benefit or target a maximum number of Cañada College students.
All College departments, clubs, organizations, and programs may submit this proposal to the Vending Commission for review.
You can request up to $2500 per year. Depending on the number of requests and kind of requests, the committee will do their best to help you.
Past types of activities and projects funded under this program have included:
- On-campus ceremonies
- Athletic programs, intramural sports, and related fitness activities
- Cultural awareness programs promoting mutual respect and appreciation for diversity
- Speakers and lectures on contemporary issues
- University Tours
- Recreational programs
- Hospitality programs and related support
Fund Allocation cannot be used for any of the following purposes:
- Funding a fundraiser.
- Operating or startup costs for a specific club or group
- Attendance at conferences, meetings, retreats or conventions that benefit only the individual club or department
- Payment of membership fees
- Individual or Group Scholarships
DISTRIBUTION OF FUNDS
Funds will not be automatically transferred into department, club accounts, or program accounts. In order for an account transfer, payment, or reimbursement to occur, invoices and/ or receipts need to be given to the Coordinator of Student Activities. Funds must be used during the academic year the grant is awarded. Departments, programs, and clubs are responsible for monitoring their spending to ensure they are staying within their budget.