Apply for College as an undocumented/DREAMer/DACA student
Welcome to Cañada College!
First, you may apply to Canada College, Apply for California Financial Aid, Attend New Student Orientation and Assessment Services, Attend a Counseling session, and schedule a meeting the Dream Center Program Services Coordinator. You have the right to pursue an education!
1. Apply to Cañada College
- Everyone has a right to receive an education, regardless of immigration status.
- Start by creating an OpenCCC account.
- For Application Support, join a Virtual Application Workshop via Zoom with College Recruiter Mayra Arellano.
2. Submit California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Affidavit
- Submit “California Nonresident Tuition Exemption” affidavit form to Admissions & Records Office.
3. Apply to California Financial Aid
- Visit the "Pay for College" link for more information.
4. Attend New Student Orientation and Assessment Services
- To register for Orientation, call (650) 306-3452.
- Online Orientation is available, you may schedule an orientation through WebSmart.
5. Attend a Counseling Session
- To schedule a Counseling Appointment call (650) 306-3452 or visit BLDG 9 Welcome Center to help develop your educational plan, clear pre-requisite requirements and select classes.
- For more information, click on the Counseling Center link.
6. Meet with the Dream Center Program Services Coordinator
- To schedule a meeting with Saúl Miranda by call: (650) 306-3466, email: email@example.com, or visit BLDG 9 Room 219B in the Learning Center to receive additional resources.