How do I get started?
- Apply for admission
- Request & submit “California Nonresident Tuition Exemption” form to Admissions & Records
- Undocumented AB 540 student only: As soon as possible, submit the California Dream Application ASAP to qualify for financial aid www.caldreamact.org
Apply for the Cañada Promise Scholars Program
- Click the “Student” tab,
- Scroll down and click on “District Promise Applications.” Click on the link, and select “Cañada College Promise Scholars Program”
- Complete provided application
- Submit application and expect an email to your my.smccd account for next steps
- Apply for scholarships when available
You can apply any time. If you are already enrolled in college but have not submitted an California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request, do it today!
Submit the "California Nonresident Tuition Exemption" affidavit (to qualify for a nonresident tuition exemption under AB 540). You will need to submit this form to Admissions and Records, Building 9, First Floor.
To be considered for state aid, students MUST complete the Dream Application at www.caldreamact.org . If you are a male between the ages of 18 to 26 years old, you must register with selective service to meet eligibility requirements. Students who do not have a Social Security number should register via mailing in a selective service registration postcard. These postcards can be obtained at your local post office