In the News
MLB Network Analyst Harold Reynolds Heads Second Hall of Fame ClassTue, 30 October, 2012 at 11:47 am
The formal ceremony is scheduled for June, 2013 but a special reception is planned for Friday, Dec. 14 from 5 to 8 p.m. at Cañada Vista. All faculty, staff and administration, along with last year’s inaugural Hall of Fame Class are welcome. The Cañada Men’s Basketball team will be playing the same night in the Stable Center. For more information, call (650) 306-3212.
"This second group of former athletes and coaches is an exceptional class," said Cañada College Athletic Director Mike Garcia. In addition to Reynolds, it includes:
- Jerry Drever, former men's basketball and golf coach who guided the Colts to the 1988 state championship in golf.
- Gordon Gray (posthumously), women's softball coach and an assistant coach for the baseball team and a former athletic director at the college.
- Javier Sanchez, a key member of the school's 1988 state golf championship team. Sanchez was a state medalist at the finals and went on to become a member of the PGA Tour. He is currently competing on the Seniors Tour.
- Mike Legarza, a former athletic director and men's basketball coach. Legarza is a California Community College Basketball Association Hall of Fame member. He's also founder, president, and CEO of Legarza Basketball and Volleyball Camps.
- John Hursh, a two-time conference champion in tennis and a member of the 1973 state championship team.
- Mike Garcia, the current athletic director and former head baseball coach. Garcia is a member of the California Community College Baseball Coaches Association Hall of Fame.
- Keith Comstock, a former baseball player who went on to play for four different MLB teams including the San Francisco Giants. he is a member of the San Mateo County Athletics Hall of Fame.