Distance Education (DE) offers courses in which part or all of the class meetings on campus are replaced with online interaction. These courses offer an excellent opportunity for you to pursue your academic goals at times and locations convenient to you.
Types of distance education courses:
- Online classes take place completely online and have no face-to-face meetings.
- Hybrid classes take place mostly online (at least 51%).
Other Types of Classes that Include Online Learning:
- Web-Assisted classes take place partially online. Some class meetings (between 1% and 50%) are replaced with online learning activities.
- Web-Enhanced classes are regular face-to-face classes that are supplemented with online activities (viewing videos, taking quizzes, submitting assignments, etc.) outside of class.
Benefits of Distance Education courses at Cañada:
- Convenience and flexibility
- Increased skill in communicating and collaborating online
- Many opportunities for online interaction with classmates
- Virtual support services, such as online orientation, online tutoring, and e-counseling