Cañada College's Center for Student Life & Leadership Development maintains an up-to-date resource list of off-campus community housing to help ease the process of looking for a place to stay.
Although the College does not offer on-campus housing in the form of dormitories or apartments, our department does advertise your needs for finding housing or a roommate. The listings will be posted below, as well as on our Housing Board which is located right outside the Center, Building 5, Rm 354.
- Start here and fill out the form that pertains to you:
- Check out the list of available roommates and people looking for rooms at Center for Student Life and Leadership Development located in Building 5, Room 354 (across from the Grove).
- We ask not to provide any account information nor personal information to a interested renter or future landlord until you have meet them and have created a contact to rent the room/house.
- Keep an eye out for scams, below are links you should review to avoid any scam.
Housing ResourcesBesides the housing listings maintained by the Center for Student Life, there are many resources that can assist in finding housing in the San Francisco Bay Area. Below are several web sites, newspapers, and other resources that provide housing ads and listings.
- AutNo is the first apartment search engine designed for commuters and people without cars. It is also perfect for students looking to live off-campus who do not have their own car. Finding the right apartment can be difficult when you rely on public transportation. AutNo makes it easy by integrating routes and schedules from thousands of subway, bus, and rail lines.
- ApartmentList.com allows students who want to live in Redwood City to search specifically for Redwood City. For those who want to live in San Francisco can search for SF, etc.
- HousingList.com allows buyers and sellers to quickly find deals and contact information on rent to own or lease to own houses.
- The equivalent of an online flea market, Craigslist has a wide variety of housing available in and around the Peninsula
- HIP Housing
- Human Investment Project (HIP) Housing's mission is to invest in human potential by improving the lives of people with special needs (income or difficult life circumstances) to live independently in safe and low-cost homes
- Homes.com is currently the fifth largest real estate search portal in the United States with 11 to 13 million monthly users.
- Rent Hop
- IRentToOwn specializes in rental homes that students can rent with the option of purchasing the home at the end of their leasing period
- International Student Placement, LLC
- Our programs provide International Students with an intimate look at American culture and exposure to the English language.
- RentOwn Renting to own is one of the best ways to get to know your neighborhood and your house.
- RentLingo focus is to give renters more transparency and information at their fingertips.
- San Francisco Chronicle / SFGate.com
- San Jose Mercury News / BayArea.com
- San Mateo County Times
- The San Mateo County Times focuses primarily on San Mateo County and is a good resource for those looking for housing on the Peninsula and in the East Bay
- San Mateo Daily Journal
- The San Mateo Daily Journal is one of two daily papers that have started publishing in San Mateo
- San Mateo Daily News
- The San Mateo Daily News is the other daily paper in San Mateo, and is part of the group that also publishes daily newspapers in Palo Alto, Redwood City, Burlingame, and Los Gatos
- SMCHousingSearch.org is a free resource to help you find a home in San Mateo County that fits your needs and budget.
Emergency Housing Assistance
For more information on emergency housing assistance, and the process to apply: Community Resource
- California Homeless Shelters And Social Services: http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/california.html
- County of San Mateo: Section 8 & Rental Assistance Program
- Family Shelters: http://www.homelessshelterssite.org/family-shelters.html
- Homeless shelters: http://www.homelessshelterssite.org/
- Peninsula Shelter network: http://www.shelternetwork.org/shelter/index.php
- Shelters for Women: http://www.womenshelters.org/