Cañada College's Center for Student Life & Leadership Development maintains an up-to-date resource list of off-campus community housing to help ease the process of looking for a place to stay.
Although the College does not offer on-campus housing in the form of dormitories or apartments, our department does advertise your needs for finding housing or a roommate. The listings will be posted below, as well as on our Housing Board which is located right outside the Center, Building 5, Rm 354.
- Start here and fill out the form that pertains to you:
* INFORMATION SUBMITTED WILL ONLY BE UP IN OUR WEBSITE FOR 6 WEEKS, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RE-SUMMIT A SURVEY IF YOU ARE STILL LOOKING FOR A ROOM OR ADVERTISING HOUSING.
If you have questions about our housing forms and housing board, please call (650) 306-3364 or (650) 306-3373.
- Check out the list of available housing and available roommates and people looking for rooms at Center for Student Life and Leadership Development located in Building 5, Room 354 (across from the Grove).
- We ask not to provide any account information nor personal information to a interested renter or future landlord until you have meet them and have created a contact to rent the room/house.
- Keep an eye out for scams, below are links you should review to avoid any scam.
Housing ResourcesBesides the housing listings maintained by the Center for Student Life, there are many resources that can assist in finding housing in the San Francisco Bay Area. Below are several web sites, newspapers, and other resources that provide housing ads and listings.
- Project-Based and Public Housing Wait Lists
- County of San Mateo Department of Housing. Wait List Information
- San Mateo County Housing List
- SMCHousingSearch.org is a free resource to help you find a home in San Mateo County that fits your needs and budget.
- HIP Housing
- Human Investment Project (HIP) Housing's mission is to invest in human potential by improving the lives of people with special needs (income or difficult life circumstances) to live independently in safe and low-cost homes
- International Student Placement, LLC
- Our programs provide International Students with an intimate look at American culture and exposure to the English language.
- San Mateo County Times
- The San Mateo County Times focuses primarily on San Mateo County and is a good resource for those looking for housing on the Peninsula and in the East Bay
- San Mateo Daily Journal
- The San Mateo Daily Journal is one of two daily papers that have started publishing in San Mateo
- San Mateo Daily News
- The San Mateo Daily News is the other daily paper in San Mateo, and is part of the group that also publishes daily newspapers in Palo Alto, Redwood City, Burlingame, and Los Gatos
- San Francisco Chronicle / SFGate.com
- San Jose Mercury News / BayArea.com
Emergency Housing Assistance
For more information on emergency housing assistance, and the process to apply: Community Resource
Mental Health Association of San Mateo County: http://www.mhasmc.org/prog/index.shtml
Project we Hope: http://projectwehope.org/
California Homeless Shelters And Social Services: http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/california.html
County of San Mateo: Section 8 & Rental Assistance Program
Family Shelters: http://www.homelessshelterssite.org/family-shelters.html
Homeless shelters: http://www.homelessshelterssite.org/
Peninsula Shelter network: http://www.shelternetwork.org/shelter/index.php
Shelters for Women: http://www.womenshelters.org/