Canvas Course Launch Checklist
- Review Cañada's Course Design Best Practices (1 Page) and Accessibility Best Practices (1 page).
- Set Up Your Course Structure (7 minutes) - Choose the structure of your Canvas course and organize your material to make navigation easier for students. Check out our Course Templates page to help speed this up.
- Add a Course Welcome Module from the Commons (3 minutes) - A course welcome module can house the course and campus information students will need again and again throughout the semester.
- Customize Course Navigation Menu (3 minutes) - Reduce the areas of your course that students can access to simplify navigation and keep student from viewing items in your course that they don't need to.
- View Your Course as a Student (3 minutes) - This process allows you to see your course as your students will.
- Check for Broken Links - Canvas' Link Validator helps you check all the links in your course at a glance for issues.
- Publish Items, Modules, & Your Course (2 minutes) - Publish the parts of your course that students need to see and remember to publish
your course itself when you're ready for students to see it.
- Manage Course Start & End Dates (3 minutes) - Check when your course is visible to students and make any changes to that availability that you need.
- Welcome Email Template - Send a course welcome email to students with what they need to know about Canvas and how to begin your course beforethe start of the semester.