Students and employees are eligible for access to technology equipment and services in order to complete coursework or work, respectively, even while campus and the library are physically closed.
Internet and Wi-Fi Services
There are several options for finding internet and wi-fi services to meet your needs.
- Have internet service through an existing plan? Use a smartphone or mobile hotspot while you are on the go. Learn more about internet service options.
- Don't have internet service through an existing plan? Learn more about the following
- Borrow a hotspot from your campus technology loan program (supplies are limited)
- Park on campus, and use free wi-fi from your car (Drive-up Wi-Fi appointment required)
- Find a local public library, coffee shop, or other destination that permits use of wi-fi
- Employees: Discuss options with your supervisor
Cañada College Technology Loan Program
Students who need to borrow a Chromebook, hotspot, or calculator in order to complete coursework, may submit a request. Supplies are limited. Current enrollment at the college will be verified prior to issuing technology.
For more information about technology loans from other campus programs or department, contact the department or program.
Get Technology Support
If you are borrowing college provided technology (such as a laptop, wi-fi hotspot, or graphing calculator) and need help, please let us know how we can assist.
Technology support chat hours:
- Monday - Thursdays: 10am - 7pm
- Fridays: 10am - 2pm
Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with personally owned computers. We do not fix hardware issues, remove viruses, or install software. Our support is focused on learning technologies and tools to aid you in your academic work.
Other useful technology support resources:
- Canvas login and FAQ
- Canvas help center
- Student email support
- Reset your @my.smccd.edu password
- WebSMART support
Connect with Us