slide 2
slide 3
slide 4
slide 5
slide 6
slide 7
slide 8
slide 9
slide 10
slide 11
slide 12
slide 13
slide 14
slide 15

Maps, Directions & Parking
Find Your Way to Cañada College and Around Campus

Class Schedule
A Complete List of Classes




All international students must attend the 3-day International Student Orientation scheduled two weeks before the start of the semester.  The Orientation will include a campus tour and information sessions that will help you learn about Cañada College programs and services, F-1 immigration regulations, American classroom expectations and meet other new international students and International Student Ambassadors.

All new students, both international and domestic, must take the ESL or English and Math assessment test before registering for classes at Cañada College. The test results will be used to place students in an appropriate level of ESL or English and Math classes.  Once you have completed the assessment tests, orientation, and counseling, you will be eligible to register for classes.


Academic counselors will help you select classes that best fit your educational level and develop a Student Educational Plan (SEP) that meet your educational goals. Remember, we are here to help you adjust to your new environment and culture so you can be successful in reaching your goals.

International students should meet with an academic counselor at least once per semester.  It is recommended that students meet with a counselor mid-semester to discuss mid-term progress and classes to take next semester.  To schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor, visit the Welcome Center in Building 9, 1st Floor or call (650) 306-3452.

We look forward to working closely with you to achieve your goals and hope you will agree that Cañada College is a friendly place, one in which you will grow personally and academically.


The International Student Center (ISC) provides the following workshops that help international students navigate a new environment and learn new skills and knowledge.

  • Transfer Workshop: Learn more about the U.S. educational system and basic information about how to transfer.  Also learn about the different transfer resources available such as the Transfer Center, DegreeWorks, and ASSIST.
  • Class Participation Workshop: Nearly every class requires you to participate in class  Not sure what that means?  Not sure how to participate in class?  Attend the Class Participation Workshop to learn and practice the appropriate ways to participate and earn your full grade in class participation.
  • Employment Workshop: Do you know that you are eligible to work in the U.S. as an F-1 student?  Come learn about job opportunities on campus, how to work off-campus, how to search for a job, how to write a resume, and learn about American business ettiquette.  This Workshop is presented by ISC, the Career Center and Cooperative Education.
  • Tax Workshop: Did you know that international students should submit tax forms to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) even if you have never worked in the U.S.?  Come learn about your tax reporting requirements as an F-1 student.

These are just the workshops provided by the International Student Center.  We also recommend that you take advantage of workshops provided by other programs and services on campus including the A2B Program, BTO Peer Mentoring Program, Career Center, Learning Center, STEM Center, and Transfer Center.


Being a student is not just about getting good grades.  The Center for Student Life and Leadership's mission is to create a learning environement outside of the classroom.  International students are highly encouraged to participate in ASCC Student Government, in student-run clubs, and participate or volunteer in the monthly Spirit Days and other campus events organized by ASCC.

If you're not sure about serving in ASCC, you can join the Programming Board to help ASCC organize events and activities on campus to see if you're ready to become a student leader.

To find a list of student-run clubs or information on how to start a club, click here.

Participating in events and activities on campus and becoming a student leader not only helps you make new friends but it also builds life and leadership skills that top universities are looking for in transfer students.


The Student Heatlh Center is available for all students and provides healthcare services, referrals to specialists, and free over-the-counter medicine.  Medical tests, such as preganancy tests, physical exams, bloob work, and immunizations are available for free or at low cost. 

College life is a time of change and growth and can be very stressful for students.  The Health Center also houses Psychological Services that provide free and confidential mental health services that can help students better understand and manage the changes occuring during college life.

The Health Center is located in Building 5, Room 303 and is open for walk-ins and appointments.  You may call 650-306-3309 to schedule an appointment to see a nurse or doctor and schedule a meeting with Psychological Services.


The English as a Second Language (ESL) Department at Cañada College is not an intensive as a program at an English as a Second Language School. Therefore, upon completion of the advanced level of a language school program, students can transfer to Cañada College. You can be required to take additional English instruction when you transfer to Cañada College. Cañada College cannot issue an I-20 form to students with a major of "English as a Second Language Program". The ESL courses are available to International Students in addition to their academic program.

The followings are some of the language schoosl in the area:

TALK School of Languages (Belmont)

Language Pacifica (Menlo Park)

ELS Language Centers (San Francisco and Cupertino)

International Institute - INTRAX (San Francisco)

American Academy of English (San Francisco)

Golden Gate Language Schools (ILSC San Francisco)

Century School of Languages (San Jose)

The Language Company (Berkley)

Kaplan International


If you would like to receive transfer credit for classes you have taken in your country, you must send your foreign transcripts to any of the foreign credential evaluation service listed below, request that the transcript evaluation be sent to Cañada College, Admissions & Records Office, 4200 Farm Hill Blvd., Redwood City, CA 94061, and submit an online transcript evaluation request at

World Educational Services (WES)

Academic Credential Evaluation Institute (ACEI)

International Education Research Foundation (IERF)

Quick Links

Share this page on: