Opportunities at Cañada
Sustainability GE Pathways
Cañada College is the only campus in district that offers specialized Sustainability or Social Justice general education routes.
Energize Colleges Internships
Strategic Energize Colleges' Mission:
"The goal of this program is to develop students knowledge, skills, and experience to effectively evaluate energy career options and transition into the green workforce."
In this program, Cañada students receive the opportunity to express their interest in sustainability through creative action projects while working with professionals in the green workforce.
With offered coursework:
- INTD 400: Principles of Sustainable Design
- INTD 401: Sustainability and Home Energy Assessment
- Environmental Science 115: Introduction to Environmental Science
- Business 395: Getting Started in Business the Green Sustainable Way
- IDST 100: Interdisciplinary Forum on Sustainability: People, Planet, and Profits
Degrees & Certificates
- Sustainable Design through Interior Design Program
- Environmental Science Associate of Science (In Process of Being Finalized)
- Recycling and Resource Management Certificate (Currently Under Approval by State)