Welcome to the “Beating the Odds” Peer Mentorship Program website at Cañada College.
The focus of the Peer Mentorship Program is to increase retention rates and persistence while providing a positive and successful transition for First Generation Students. Participation in the program will include prizes and incentives for good grades with increased progress in the program. Prizes include, but are not limited to, scholarships, book vouchers, flash drives and more.
Student Learning Outcomes:
After successful completion of this program students should be knowledgeable of:
- Various resources available on campus
- Tutoring services and referrals (one-on-one and group)
- Important deadlines
- Learn new study and test- taking strategies
- Various financial aid services and financial literacy
- How to have a sense of acceptance and belonging
- Assistance with the transfer process and different majors and careers available
- How to promote personal development and self-efficacy
- Student organizations and clubs
- How to search and register for classes