Welcome to the DREAM Center Resource page. Click on any of the drop down folders to receive more information.
Core Service Agencies
- Human Services Agency
- Location: 2500 Middlefield Road, Redwood City, CA 94063
- Contact Info: (650) 599-3811, Website
- Fair Oaks Community Center
- Areas Served:Redwood City, North Fair Oaks, Woodside, Atherton
- Contact Info: (650) 780-7500, Website
- Free Drive-Thru Community Market at College of San Mateo
- Location: College of San Mateo, Beethoven Parking Lot #2; 1700 W. Hillsdale Blvd., San Mateo, CA 94402
- From 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, Every Fridays
- “Our Food Program” at the St. Francis Center - Siena Youth Center
- Location: 151 Buckingham Ave. Redwood City, CA
- From 10:30 am – 1:30 pm, Monday – Friday
- Canada College Legal Clinic
- The Legal Clinic is still in services. Please click on the link to see our availability.
- Immigration Institute of the Bay Area (IIBA)
- Immigration support/ accessing benefits
- Contact Info: (650) 665-3086
- Catholic Charities
- Make an appointment with Andrea Orea for DACA renewal and other legal and community services.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, (650)286-1321
- Disaster Recovery Assistance to Immigrants (DRAI)
- provides one-time, state-funded disaster relief assistance to undocumented adults who are ineligible for other forms of assistance due to their immigration status
- To apply, must call 415-324-1011. We are experiencing very high demand and you may need to call back to get through for assistance.
- For more information, visit Catholic Charities
Intimate Partner Abuse
- Bay Area Legal Aid
- They have a dedicated hotline for domestic violence survivors.
- For survivors of domestic violence ONLY: (all Bay Area counties): 888-330-1940
- They provide crisis intervention through a 24-hour support hotline, family support, and legal services for intimate partner abuse survivors.
- Legal Aid at Work
- See question 16: “What if I am undocumented? How can I get income if I cannot work?”
- Legal Aid at Work’s Unemployment Insurance Powerpoint Presentation. http://bit.ly/LAAW_UI_Powerpoint Password: LAAW2020
- Community Legal Services of East Palo Alto (CLSEPA)
- CLSEPA PDF Update
- Contact Info: (650) 326-6440
Reading Material (Highly Recommended)
- California Community Colleges Dreamers Program
- Tara J. Yosso - Whose Culture Has Capital?
- Jeffrey M. R. Duncan-Andrade - Note to Educators: Hope Requires When Growing Roses in Concrete
- James Baldwin - A Talk to Teachers
- Paulo Freire - Pedagogy of the Oppressed
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
- Sense of Belonging in the College Classroom
- Equality or Equity: Which One Will We Feed? - Jeff Duncan-Andrade
- Equity-Minded Student Services in the Online Environment
- Responding Racial Bias and Microaggressions in Online Environments
- TEDxGoldenGateED - Jeff Duncan-Andrade - Growing Roses in Concrete
- Educators: Hope Required When Growing Roses in Concrete, Jeff Duncan-Andrade
- Latinx Student Success & COVID-19 Town Hall
Organizations to Follow
On-Campus (Internal) Resources
- Cañada College Dream Center Flyer
- Sign Up for Confidential Conversations
- Free Legal Clinic
- Learning Center Newsletter: May 2020
- Café con Pan Flyer
- Emergency Regulation Amend Eviction Moratorium
- COVID-19 Community Resources: San Mateo County
- Guide to Community Resources: Fair Oaks Region
- Vegan Outreach: Free Food Distribution
- Distribución Gratuita De Alimentos - Español
- Contact Fair Oaks Community Center
- St Francis Center: Our food program is open!