Instructional Planning Council
The Instructional Planning Council (IPC) is advisory to the Planning & Budgeting Council on a range of issues related to instruction:
1. Development of a calendar for program review, staffing, equipment and facilities needs as they pertain to instruction.
2. Development of an evaluation process for the program review cycle.
3. Recommendations about policies and procedures as they relate to instruction.
4. Recommendations about prioritization of resources as they relate to Strategic Goals regarding instruction and review of Instructional Strategic Goals yearly.
5. Evaluation of proposals for new instructional programs and instructional program discontinuance.
6. Support of accreditation review process and self-study.
7. Completion of a yearly review of the mission statement and roles of this Planning Council.
The primary participatory governance groups include:
The primary stakeholder groups at Cañada College are:
Representatives from each of these stakeholder groups come together with college administrators to collaborate in the following participatory governance groups:
- Planning & Budgeting Council (PBC)
- Instructional Planning Council (IPC)
- Student Services Planning Council (SSPC)
- Administrative Planning Council (APC)
The following organizational chart outlines their relationship.
Instructional Planning Council Bylaws (revised 5/2018)
Annual Program Plan/Review Assessment
Each year, the IPC utilizes this Instructional Program Review Form is to provide feedback on the quality of the program review to the Department/Program.