Food at Your Program
Looking to have food during your event? Check out these resources to get you started!
Guidelines for Food at Your Event or Program
- Food items must be prepackaged. Prepackaged items are food items packaged at a licensed
bakery, restaurant, or grocery store, OR
- Food items must be prepared by a licensed food service provider and a certificate
of liability insurance must be provided in order to receive event authorization, OR
- No foods or perishable beverages can be prepared or stored in a private home due to
- All food and perishable beverages shall be protected at all times from unnecessary
handling and possible contamination (i.e. gloves must be worn by servers and items
Potlucks are permissible when the following guidelines are met:
- The meeting or event must be closed to the general public.
- There can be no charge for the event.
- The event cannot be advertised to the general public.
Food Trucks on Campus
Food trucks coming to campus during your event can be a huge draw for your program!
Because of Cañada College's contract with Pacific Dining, please remember to adhere
to the following when considering a food truck for your program:
- A campus program/event must be happening in order to bring a food truck on campus
- The food truck/company must provide a copy of their business license, business insurance
to sell food/products, and a catering license issued by San Mateo County
- Pacific Dining must be notified any time a food truck is coming to campus
- The food truck must meet one of the following:
- The food truck donates a portion of their proceeds to your program/event/club/charity
- The food is free to students and paid for by your program/event/club
- The food is cheaper than it’s regular price
District Food Policy Link to FoodTrucks in SF Link to Trucks from Off the Grid