Persons or organizations seeking to distribute materials on campus must provide a
copy of the material to the Center for Student Life and Leadership Development and
follow the below Posting Policies:
- To be posted on campus, all materials must be APPROVED and date stamped by the Center
for Student Life and Leadership Development.
- Approved materials may be posted on open public BULLETIN BOARDS ONLY. The list of
public Bulletin Boards can be found below.
- All campus posting must add the following ADA statement to their advertisement: “To
access this document in alternative format, or to request a special accommodation
to attend this event, please contact the Cañada College Wellness Center at 650-306-3259.
A minimum of 5 work days prior to the date is needed.”
- Classroom bulletin boards are intended for instructional usage but may be utilized
on a space available basis, subject to Divisional/Departmental needs and policies.
Academic and administrative department boards (usually located in specific department
buildings) are maintained by each department. Permission for posting in these areas
must be obtained from each area Dean. Any materials posted in unauthorized locations,
or without being stamped and dated by the Center for Student Life and Leadership Development,
are subject to removal.
- Materials may not be posted on doors, painted surfaces, or exterior building walls
or windows as well as yard signs, stakes or frames that are inserted into the ground.
All other surfaces (e.g., non-classroom bulletin boards) are available for the posting
to materials on a space-available basis. Sponsors are responsible for the removal
of their materials after a reasonable period of time or once the materials becomes
obsolete. Any member of the College staff may remove any obsolete materials.
- Events, programs or services, which are not sponsored by Cañada College, will be displayed
in public posting areas only. Classroom bulletin boards are reserved for College sponsored
- The number and size of posters and leaflets that any one organization or person may
post is subject to limitation by the Student Life and Leadership Manager and shall
be limited only if the materials are so large or numerous as to infringe on the rights
of others to use designated areas.
- Placement of materials on parked vehicles causes severe litter problems and is expressly
Note: Exceptions to any of the preceding requirements must be approved in advance by the
Student Life and Leadership Manager.
Public Bulletin Board Locations