State, District, and College Regulations on Fundraising
- State law requires that all funds a club/organization makes must be depositedinto the club/organization’s account.
- Please deposit within five working days from the fundraiser event.
- Funds cannot be solicited in the classroom, unless approved by the instructor.
- On-campus fundraising activities must be approved in advance by the organizations'
Advisor in addition to the Student Life and Leadership Manager.
- Off-campus fundraising shall require the approvals of the Vice President, Student
- A gift or donation is defined as a contribution of money, securities, real or other
property, goods, or, in some cases, services to the District/Colleges or any organization
officially sponsored by the District/Colleges (e.g., student club) in exchange for
which no return is given. Such a donation may not be designated to benefit a specific
person; donors will only be allowed to establish broad criteria over the disposition
of a donation and all IRS requirements shall be observed.
Raffle or Drawings
- You must advertise "donation" or "recommended ticket price" if you would like to have
a raffle or drawing.
- A person can also choose to not donate, and still receive a raffle or drawing ticket.
For more details, you can view the Cañada College Handbook and The California ASB manual