It is the mission of the Cañada College Classified Senate to work with the administration, faculty, and students in the interest of enriching the educational and social environment of the College, in accordance with the College's mission and strategic goals.
We are the primary governing body for classified professionals at Cañada College. Our members are from various areas, full time or part time employment, and actively participate in all college-wide discussion, excluding collective bargaining matters. We represent CSEA, AFSCME, and non-represented classified employees which includes supervisors and management. Our constitution, by-laws, and statement of ethics help us to fairly represent all our constituents.
We provide student scholarships through various fundraising throughout the year.
What is the purpose of Classified Senate?
Our purpose is to work with students, faculty, and administration in the interest of enriching the educational and social environment of the College through:
- Participating in the Cañada College governance process;
- Providing a body representing the needs, concerns, and viewpoints for classified staff;
- Providing a centralized means of communication between classified staff and the College community, and with statewide public bodies;
- Promoting and supporting opportunities for classified professional development;
- Providing a scholarship fund for Cañada students.
How can you take part and support Classified Senate?
Meetings: Meetings are held in 3-142 (unless otherwise noted) on the second and fourth Thursdays of the month from 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. and are open to all district employees, unless otherwise noted.
Volunteer: There are many different events and fundraisers that the Classified Senate runs throughout the year that benefit Cañada students. Drop by a meeting, or let us know if you're interested in volunteering!
Donate: You can help us raise funds for student scholarships through ticket sales for drawings or through voluntary payroll deduction.