From Here, You Can Go Anywhere!
Cañada College Has a Reputation for Academic Excellence
Every year, students at Cañada College graduate and are accepted to schools like Cornell, Stanford, UCLA, Cal, Santa Clara and the University of San Francisco. It’s no surprise. Cañada has developed a national reputation for academic excellence.
Need more proof? Here are some recent academic achievements by Cañada students:
- Two Cañada students received the prestigious Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship in 2010. The $30,000-per-year scholarship is the richest private scholarship awarded to two-year college students, with approximately 50 awarded annually. Cañada and Mt. San Antonio College were the only two schools in the nation that had multiple recipients. Cañada has had four recipients over the past five years.
- Cañada was one of three California community colleges with two All-Academic Team members in 2010.
- Alvaro Argote was named one of six finalists to the national Juicy Ideas Competition. Other finalists were from Stanford, MIT, and the University of Washington.
- Jeremy Morales Madrigal was the only community college student in the nation accepted into the prestigious summer internship program at the Center on Polymer Interfaces and Macromolecular Assemblies at Stanford University.
- Two Cañada students were accepted into the UC Davis Center for Biophotonics internship program.
- Two of the 10 finalists in last year’s National Kitchen and Bath Association GE Charette Competition were from Cañada College.
- Eight Cañada students were asked to present original research at this year’s Community College Honors Research Symposium.
- The school’s Honors Transfer Program is designed to support highly motivated students as they pursue their educational goals. In the Honors Program, students find other highly motivated students and excellent faculty. The courses are challenging but the academic support offered at Cañada makes the difference for many students.
If you are ready to challenge yourself academically and you are ready to prepare for the next step in your academic career, consider Cañada College. You can go anywhere from here!
Following are links to information future students need to register, plan their academic probrams, and get the most our of their experience at Cañada College. If you don't see what you need listed below, try the A-Z Index or site search at the top of the page.
Resources and Reference
- Academic Calendar
- Class Schedule
- College Catalog
- Degrees, Certificates, Transfer Programs
- Learning Center