University of California Information
Due to COIVD -19, UC campuses will provide maximum flexibility to students who need more time to meet registration, deposit and transcript deadlines. To serve students and their families during this crisis, UC has enacted temporary measures, which are explained in detail in an online FAQ.
University of California System admissions web page provides information about freshman and transfer admissions, policies and regulations, campuses profile, research, more...
Students who are considering transferring to a UC campus, may start an account with the UC system through Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) at any time. This online tool helps students track and plan the course requirements. You must also consult with your counselor at Cañada College.
- UC Transfer Admission requirements
- UC Admission requirements for International Students
- UC Transfer Pathways - These 20 major pathways provide students with a set of courses that prepares students for a major at any nine UC undergraduate Campuses. Visit Transfer Pathway Guide website to find full or partial list of community college courses that are aligned with the courses in these pathway majors.
- Check available majors
- Check available majors for Winter/Spring terms
- Dates and Application Deadlines
- Information and documents needed to complete and application and application fee
Applying to UC online - this is where you may create an account with UC, start your application and sign in to your application.
- Personal Insight Questions - you are required to answer 4 questions. One is required for all transfer students, and three questions can be selected from seven questions.
- How applications are reviewed - this will inform you of the factors that UC Consider in their "Comprehensive Review".
- UC TAG – this is an opportunity to secure your admission to one of the 6 campuses offering the TAG program. More information about the requirements and how you may be eligible is available on the Transfer Guarantee Agreement page of the Transfer Center website.
- UC IGETC / IGETC worksheet at Cañada College: Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum is a General Education (GE) pattern for UC or CSU campuses. Some of the California Private Colleges and Universities may accept IGETC certification to fulfill their General education requirements.
- IGETC vs. UC General Education - this will inform you of both General education pathways
- UC Campus Guidance on completion of IGETC - Completion of IGETC may or may not be required before transferring. This website will guide you whether you need to complete IGETC before transferring.
- Dreamers Application information and Dream Act - UC Resources
UC Undergraduate Admissions website by UC Campus:
- Los Angeles
- San Diego - There are 6 colleges at UC San Diego, and students who are applying to this campus must rank these undergraduate colleges in order of preference. Student may use this ranking tool to compare these 6 colleges.
- Click on here for a list of impacted majors at UC San Diego.
- List of Programs
- Restricted majors
- Selection Criteria
- Transfer Admission Profile
- Santa Barbara
- Santa Cruz
Tuition and Cost of attendance - This will provide you an estimate cost of attending a UC Campus
Estimate financial aid - this helps you to calculate how much you may need to attend each UC campus
Scholarships: The following are some of the Scholarships offered by UC campuses:
- Blue +Gold opportunity Plan
- Middle Class Scholarship Program
- UC Santa Cruz offers a $20,000 Scholarship, Karl S. Pister Leadership Opportunity Program, to attend UC Santa Cruz. The application packet is now available, and you may submit it by February 5th, 2021. Due to the current
situation, please use the following steps to submit your Psiter scholarship application
- Complete the fillable PDF application from
- Save your transcripts from all colleges attended in a PDF format
- Request two Letters of recommendation - they can be sent directly to Soraya Sohrabi at firstname.lastname@example.org. In this case, Please ask the recommenders to write "Pister Scholarship Recommendation Letter for (your name)" in the Subject area. The recommender may also email the letter s directly to you in a PDF format.
- Email the entire scholarship application packet directly to Soraya Sohrabi at email@example.com no later than February 5th at 11:59p.m. In the subject area write "Psiter scholarship
application packet, (your name and your Student ID number). If the letters of recommendation
will be emailed separately by the recommenders, please make a note of it in your