APC, in collaboration and communication with SSPC and IPC, oversees the implementation of a comprehensive process for planning and assessing administrative services [instruction/student services] based on program review, the effective integration of student learning outcomes into program activities and services, and alignment with the college’s mission and strategic goals.
Develops, implements, and evaluates an Administrative Program Plan cycle (including staffing) and makes recommendations about policy.
2015-2016 APC Committee Members
- Jennifer Hughes, College President
- Gregory Anderson, Vice President, Instruction
- Kim Lopez, Vice President, Student Services
- Michelle Marquez, Vice President, Administrative Services
- Chialin Hsieh, Dean of Planning, Research & Institutional Effectiveness
- Megan Rodriguez, Director of Marketing, Communications, and Public Relations
- Tracy Huang, Research Analyst
- Debbie Joy, Executive Assistant to VPSS
- Barbara Bucton, Executive Assistant to the President
- Joan Tanaka, Executive Assistant to VPI
- Mary Chries Concha Thia, Financial Analyst
Organization of Administrative Services
Administrative Services are organized into 6 "programs" for the purposes of Program Review and assessment of Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs). These programs are:
- Administrative Services
- Marketing and Outreach
- Planning, Research and Student Success
- Vice President of Student Services
- Vice President of Instruction
- Professional Development
The Administrative Services Annual Plan/Program Reviews are studied by the Administrative Planning Council which brings relevant recommendations to the Planning and Budgeting Council.
The Administrative Planning Council meets 3 times per year: mid-spring, summer, and early fall. APC also agreed to have additional meetings when it is necessary.
Proposed Future Calendar
- Evaluation of Program Review and program review process
- Dialogue of SLO (Unit Outcome Assessment)
- Follow-Up Report 2014 review and recommendation
- Educational Master Plan objectives
- Evaluation of the College Benchmark (College-set Standards)
- Support/Implement the Educational Master Plan objectives
- Follow-Up Report 2014 final review and recommendation
- Evaluation of Program Review and program review process.
- Evaluation of the Participatory Governance Process and Action Plan
- Evaluation of resource requests